Friday, June 13, 2008

Well, Floyd caught me again . . .

My best friend, Floyd, caught me again . . . I had contradicted myself.

We have shared two long emails in the past few days on spiritual practices and the recent Evangelical Manifesto which came on my birthday, May 7.

In writing back to Floyd, I realized that I am an extrovert at heart, and long to explore even more spiritual practices for extrovert people like myself.

Let me define what I mean by spiritual practice (sometimes referred to as "Devotional exercises" by others). A spiritual practice is in an act or activity which helps me draw closer to, or into, the presence of God.

And, in listing the "extrovert" practices I enjoy to Floyd . . . I realized that yes, I am an extrovert, but I am also more introverted than I realized.

I don't mean to down introverts . . . but it may have come across that I do not value traditional spiritual practices, which in my opinion are more for introverts than extroverts. I do value introvert qualities, very much so . . . and some of the spiritual practices I do participate in as an extrovert . . . I often do them by myself.

So, I shall write again to clarify this, at least for myself.

Thanks Floyd . . . you are a great friend. You keep me honest to myself.

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...