Thursday, June 5, 2008

Funerals and loud explosions . . .

I officiated at a funeral today at a local funeral home located just two blocks from our church. The deceased was a 91 year old mother, grandmother, great-grandmother who had lived an exciting, wonderful life. Only about 15 people came to the service, as she had out lived most all of her friends.

As I finished the service, and a second or so after I had just finished saying the benediction . . . May God give us the peace and strength to walk out those doors as witnesses to the world that Christ has overcome death . . .

When BOOM! . . . a transformer not 90 feeet behind the funeral home blows up . . . and all the lights in the building go out.

The grandson of the deceased says out loud . . . "Now that's one way to know that the service is over!"

If I am lying, I'm dying!

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...