Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Two mile walk last night . . . got caught in a thunder storm

Awesome!

I saw the cloud, but hadn't checked the PM weather report . . .

A little less than halfway through our walk, it started to rain and thunder. We made it back to the Euless Main Street bridge over the trail . . . then made a mad dash to a big gazebo, then another dash to our car.

Sipping, soaking wet! And get this . . . I actually jogged. Yep, I actually jogged about a quarter of a mile or so. The old knees seem fine right now. We will see in the morning. Think an extra dose of supplements is in order tonight. Didn't know that 61 pounds lost makes that kind of actual real difference.

Our poor dog was drenched . . . but he seemed OK. We were soaked, and laughing.

I felt like a little kid . . . except for the lightning.

Lesson learned . . .

When we go on any kind of walk . . . the day pack with rain jackets and water bottles go with us. And if it rains . . . we will do the smart safe thing and seek shelter . . . and then keep laughing.

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...