Friday, June 27, 2008

Goodbye VBS . . .

Call me old fashioned . . .

Call me sentimental . . .

Call me particulary passioned . . .

I so enjoy everything about VBS. And today, this year's VBS, the absolute VBS best ever, will come to an end.

And I know why I have enjoyed it so . . . It's because I am an extrovert.

I am energized when I am around people who are engaged in an activity like worship, Bible study, or some other shared interest, or in support of some event or cause I have interest in.

Usually after VBS, I have to crash for a week for mental and physical recuperation.

Not so this year. I came into VBS with a different attitude. I worked out getting ready for it.

I rehearsed singing and playing the worship songs I lead.

I had my daily schedule pretty well organized.

I paced myself . . . and treated the actual VBS experience like a workout, knowing in the end that it was ALL going to be good for me.

And it has all been good!

We touched a lot of lives for Christ this week in ways that were redeeming, and which built people up.

Goodbye VBS! See you next year. I will be ready!

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...