Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Update on my friend, Joe . . .

I've spoken to Joe several times this past weekend. He is at M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston, finishing up a 4-day chemo treatment. In a month, they will do chemo again, and harvest the needed stem cells from his blood. Don't ask me how all this works because I have no idea. However, it does sound like a plan!

His most recent scan was pretty much a "pet-negative." In other words, the doctors believe they have killed the cancer, but want to continue with chemo and stem cell treatment. Things are looking good.

Joe has asked for prayers from any and all who would be willing to offer some "industrial strength" prayers. After 4 years of treatments, things are looking better; however, the stem cell treatment is pretty nasty in and of itself.

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

Prayers for your friend Joe from Wisconsin

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...