Thursday, October 4, 2007

Oh, Oh Ohhhhhh! Listen to the music . . .

On the 1st and 3rd Thursday evenings of the month, a bunch of guys here at the church meet for what we call "1st Church Guitars." Starting at 6:30 PM, the guys start arriving one-by-one, and begin to plug in amps and tune up guitars. Sometimes we also have a bass guitar player, or banjo, or mandolin.

Are we good?

Well, that depends on what you mean by "good."

We play a lot of stuff . . . some of it sounds good, and some of it needs a lot of work.

We all bring music with words and chords, and we play what is brought, then play some old fovorites. Copies of our old favorites now fill three individual 3-inch wide three ring binders.

In two years, meeting twice a month, September through May . . . that's a lot of music!

But tonight . . . we became more than a group, we became a family. One of our guys testified to answered prayer in his life, saying he wanted to tell the world about what God had done for him, but since the world wasn't there, he wanted to tell us.

He said we were important to him.

We offered prayer after he shared. Then, we all tried to linger for a while, but it was time to go back home to our families. So, one by one, we bid each other good night and God's blessings . . . but somehow it meant far more than it every has before.

I'm doing better than I deserve ><>

Oh, Oh Ohhhhhh . . . Listen to the music,
Oh, Oh Ohhhhhh . . . Listen to the music,
Oh, Oh Ohhhhhh . . . Listen to the music,
All the time!

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...