Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The cost of going fishing . . .

Spent $28 on a fishing license, freshwater only. If I get to go fishing at the coast this next year, which I don't see happening right now . . . It will be an extra cost.

The Hellbenders at Academy were .30 cents cheaper than Bass Pro Shops. Purchased two, and will go back to Bass Pro to get a refund for the two I bought there . . .

But then will have money in my hand . . . in one of the world's largest fishing stores . . .

Oh, how the vicious cycle continues . . . .

Floyd . . . stop laughing!!!!

My wife's words to me . . . "You better catch some fish!" "Some" was defined as a dozen or more!

I'm doomed.

I mean, I love to fish! In truth . . . I'm just not very good at it.

I catch people better than I do fish.

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've stopped laughing...for now.

Fishing, like guitar playing and photography, is an activity that does cost some money. For that, we get fun, pleasure, relaxation, rejuvenation, even tools to do ministry with.

How much those hobbies are worth in dollars is often determined by our wives.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...