Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Going fishing tomorrow . . .


I will be going fishing Thursday evening with church members . . . trolling for white bass on Lake Grapevine.

I am excited!

Went to Bass Pro to purchase the "needed" lures that are hot right now. I got the stuff to put together two of the "Hell-Pet" combos (Pet #13 spoon tied to a large chrome Hellbender lure).

$23.00 . . . and I haven't bought my new fishing license yet. Let's just day the "sharp edge" of my excitement has been dulled a little.

Considering the last fish I caught ( a 7" bluegill perch - see picture) cost me around $300 . . .

I had better catch a bunch of fish . . . or I think I may sell all my fishing stuff . . . and buy that camera I've been wanting.

Adult "toys" just cost too much these days. I guess it's time to let something go.

Sigh!

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

3 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

"Went to Bass Pro to purchase the "needed" lures that are hot right now."

Do the fish know they are hot right now? Fish follow fashion trends in equipment?

See, the question to ask is, will these lures catch the fish you want better than any other lures you have? If so, then I guess they are "worth" the price. But if they don't, there must be another reason for buying them. Maybe it's not the fish you're after.

Rick said...

Floyd,

Fishing lures are like guitar picks. I will never be satisfied with either until I find the perfect one.

A useless waste of time . . . yet fun none-the-less.

Right now, Hellbenders are the hot trolling lure . . . and Snarling Brain Dog picks rule!!!!

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...