Monday, February 25, 2013

Lenten Daily Devotion - Day 11 - 2/25/13

Devotional Scripture:  John 7:1-29

Devotional Thought:

"Here he is, speaking publicly, and they are not saying a word to him. Have the authorities really concluded that he is the Christ?" - John 7:26

A friend from way back in my life once asked me a question.

"Rick, are you an incognito Christian?"

What a great question.   The asking of it implied many things.

-Was I willing to be public about my beliefs?

-Was I willing for others to see my faith through my life?

-Were there differences between my "private life of faith" and my "public life of faith?"

At that time (I think I was 18 or 19 years old) . . . there were differences between the two . . . big differences.  Mostly because I wasn't sure what I really believed.

Today . . . there are still a few differences, but maturity and a life as a pastor have taught me quite a few things about what I truly believe.  What I believe has become easier to live out in many ways becasue I know why I believe.  It has taken many years to come to this point in my life.  A long journey, with a long journey still ahead.

In today's scripture, Jesus entered Jerusalem in secret . . . but when it came time to be true to his mission, he went all in, he went public, despite the threats to his life and safety.

As you sweep clean and make straight your road to Easter during this season of Lent, are you doing it in full view of others . . . or in private where no one can see??

Are you an incognito follower of Jesus?

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...