Sunday, February 10, 2013

8th Annual Singing of "Drop Kick Me Jesus" ...

Over the past 8 years, on the Sunday after the Super Bowl, I have been able to lead the children and congregation (the greater FUMC-Grapevine / NE Tarrant County Community Choir) in the singing of "Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Posts of Life."

I love the song, but only do it one Sunday a year during worship, and that's during the Children's Time on the Sunday we preach about some of the commercials we saw during the Super Bowl.

One of the top 5 "fun" things I get to do every year.

I actually learned it at a Scout camp.  Don't remember which one . . . either Camp Perry down in the Rio Grande Valley, or at the old BSA Camp west of San Saba, Texas.  Both of those events took place a very long time ago.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...