Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time to start singing . . .

Still grieving the death of my friend and ministry partner, Ken Diehm.

If Ken were here, and I asked him what I needed to do to feel better . . . he would have advised me to "do something you love to do."

With that in mind . . . it's time to start singing!

I've only played the guitar twice in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, while on the way back from a hospital visit in Dallas, I stopped off at Murphy's Music in Irving to visit with my friend, Warren Sewell . . . and to play a Martin JC-16ME . . . which I have had my eye on for a couple of months.

Warren's mom died a few months back . . . guess I wanted to talk with someone else who sorta knew the emotional state I have been in lately. He saw something in my eye, pulled the Martin off the wall, gave it to me, told me to sit down and play it, and then he left to leave me to myself and to my thoughts.

So, I played and sang, not caring who was listening or who heard me. In a word, it was very "theraputic."

Yes, it's time to sing and play guitar again.

I am thankful for friends, music, and God's grace, which still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...