Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Operation Philmont" building up steam . . .

I blogged before about my increasing my efforts to get back into shape in time for my scheduled trip to Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico this coming September.

I am looking forward to Philmont . . . but need to get into shape so I can "survive" the experience, so I won't need a recovery time afterwards.

The diet is going OK, actually. Our oldest daughter and her husband are "experts" on this type of lower carb - more fruit and vegetables type diet. I also biked for the first time in several years, going 6+ miles. That was actually fun. And, I will be doing a lot of walking this week as part of my leave time from the church. I've got two "hikes" of 3-4 miles to get in this week.

So far . . . so good.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...