Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Pedaling Pastor Project

Steve Isbell let me know that he has set up "The Pedaling Pastor Project" as a way of honoring Ken Diehm's life, and doing something good for others.
For more info, click here.

Ken loved to bike ride, and before his death was training for 100 bike ride (referred to as a "century"), which Steve has info about on the website.

The picture here is one that Steve took of Ken leading the way on a group bike ride in the Texas Hill Country near Fredericksburg, Texas.

I have a decent bike. Haven't ridden it much in the past few years. I fell off it a time or two about three years ago. Guess I lost my nerve to get back on it.

I am taking it to the bike store for a tune-up this week. I am in no way remotely ready for a 100 mile bike ride . . . but riding around my neighborhood for a while will help me journey through my grief brought on my Ken passing. Perhaps I will come up with an idea or two about what I can do as a rememberance of Ken. Maybe I'll hear God's voice as well.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...