Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Do you hear what I hear this Advent / Christmas season?

During the Advent / Christmas season, discussions often take place about the best Christmas gift one has ever received, or the best Christmas gift one has ever given.

Why do I believe that Jesus Christ is the best gift ever given?

As I understand scripture . . . Christ was sent to all of us . . . through the actions of a loving and compassionate God who placed His hand into the very fabric of human existence . . . and in doing so . . . gave each of us the "gift of acceptance."

At Christmas . . . it is NOT the loud, flashy commercials and Christmas advertisements I hear anymore . . . I can actually "tune those out" very easily it seems . . .

Rather, during Advent and Christmas, I hear the voice of God saying: through the hearing and singing of music, through the reading of scriptures, and when witnessing the charitable and compassionate actions of others . . .

-YOU are valued . . .

-YOU are included . . .

-YOU are wanted . . .

-YOU are precious to me . . .

-The gift of the Christ-child . . . is for YOU!

My most-most-most favorite Christmas song ever . . . sung by my favorite singer of all time, Bing Crosby, shares my feelings in words and music better than I can share through a blog entry.

The song is: Do You Hear What I Hear?

Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

texasflyfisher said...

Howdy Rick,

Hoping you and your family had a Merry Christmas and wishing you have a prosperous New Year!

God bless!

Luciano

Rick said...

Luciano,

Let's go fishing this spring! I will send you a longer email soon.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...