Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Is December 31st really just another "Fat Tuesday"?

"Fat Tuesday" is the day before the season of Lent, just before Easter.

On Fat Tuesday, participants sometimes "indulge" in a habit or activity, which they plan to give up beginning the following day, when the season of Lent begins.

Lent is a period, where one often "does without" something, such as a food or drink they really shouldn't eat, or perhaps a destructive habit they would be better off not having.

Today is December 31, and here I am in my office, finishing off all the chocolate candy I was given by the sweet church members here . . . so I can start my New Years resolutions for 2009, especially the one about seriously reducing the amount of sweets I eat.

In fact . . I just now . . . (smack, smack) . . . finished off the last piece . . . (smack, smack).

Ever forward . . . ><>

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

Every year I resolve to lose weight, this year is no different *sigh* But we still have one more family Christmas get together this coming weekend. Not fair, because my step mom is an AMAZING cook!

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...