Monday, December 15, 2008

Living life one day at a time . . .

I just guess I have a thing about believing in people.   Especially those who make major mistakes in their lives, or choose self-destructive paths, who then go on to learn deep and profound lessons from the consequences of their choices, and who then move on to help others in the same predicament they once were in.

Joe Walsh is one of my favorite guitarists (the other is Monte Montgomery).  The Eagles are also one of my favorite bands.   Joe's song, One Day at a  Time, has a very good message, especially in admitting when we need to, that we just might be the cause of the problem we find ourselves dealing with.  And after doing so, admitting that we need help from something bigger than we are.

AA calls it "acknowledging a higher power."

I call it . . . God.

Enjoy . . . and then ponder for a while the really important things.

Every forward . . . ><>



No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...