Thursday, September 7, 2017

Yeah, I'm back . . . and it's time for the music to begin again!

For the past 5 years, I've been dealing with thyroid cancer, moving to a new church as pastor, the death of my "big brother" Joe Laughlin, and the recent death of my mother, Ann Hudson.

Oh . . . and my new grandson, Brazos, was born this past March!

During this time, I pretty much lost the desire to write, and moreso, I lost my purpose of why I write.  I've been very busy . . . and my focus was honestly on other things.

Last week, I receieve the "all clear" from my oncologist following my 5th annual thyroid cancer scan.  I'm done.  It's over.   I will miss the staff at my oncologist's office very much.  There last words to me were . . . "go live again!"

During these past 5 years, I've been more mentally and emotionally focused on having cancer than I was aware of.  It had an effect on me.  I wasn't singing as much, and I haven't written much about what I love most . . . sharing about people and their relationships with their musical instruments.

Well, I'm back . . . and so is Rick's Song Bag.  One of my daughters is helping me set things back up, which will include another possible name change and for sure a move from Blogger to WordPress.

I will keep everyone informed.

For now . . . if you have a suggestion about a blog article featuring some individual, known or unknown, who enjoys playing their favorite musical instruments, then please forward that info to me at revrickmang@gmail.com.

Oh, the email address will probably change as well.

Back to the music!   This feels so good and so right.

Back to the music!

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...