Friday, November 4, 2016

A "YOU WILL REALLY WANT TO READ THIS BOOK" recommendation . . .

Image result for free artist's way book cover picture

I would like to recommend a book for those who are thinking about singing to senior adults, especially if something keeps causing you to abandon your plan using either of these excuses:\-"I just don't have the time," or
-"I'll do it when I'm less busy at work."

I wrote these two specific excuses as examples because I have used them numerous times in my life.  I knew at age 17 that I wanted a career singing to kids in camps, libraries and schools, and to senior adults wherever they gathered or lived.  I didn't start doing either on a regular basis until my late 40's. I may have been 48.  I'll be 60 my next birthday.  That's a lot of years not doing what I wanted to do.

The title of the book is "The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity."  The author is Julia Cameron.

I'm working slowly (on purpose) through this book, and I am finding it to be very helpful as I endeavor to work through a bit of "creativity block" in my life at the present time.  I've put off doing a couple of things musically over the years for the reasons I listed above.  This book is helping me to slowly reform my thoughts.  I am journaling again most everyday thanks to the suggestions Julia Cameron offers in the book. That was worth the price of purchase for me alone.

I think I got the book for around $11 from Amazon.com.  I believe it costs $17 at Barnes & Noble.  If you are a creative at heart, then this book might be of benefit to  you.

God's grace, and good books, still amaze me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...