Friday, September 15, 2017

Rachelle Plas - HOHNER Masters of the Harmonica





Why don't we venture over and talk about harmonica players.  I have a bunch of harmonicas.  I was given an entire collection by a friend.  They belonged to her father and she wanted to give them to someone who would appreciate them as much as her dad did.  She knew that I played harmonica "behind closed doors / solo that no one could hear me" every now and then.  I have a couple Golden Melodies.  In the collection were about a half-dozen unused harps.  I was a happy man that day.  Still am.

I enjoy playing harmonica, but I enjoy singing more.  I have tried the Bob Dylan / Neil Young thing of trying to play guitar and play the harmonica at the same time.  No success so far.  Truth be told, I can't even walk a straight line sober anymore.  I do love to hear the harmonica being played, especially southern style blues/rock.

Rachelle Pass is one of my favorite harmonica players.  Her energy on stage high-octaine.  In this video, she shares about her favorite instrument, the harmonica.

If you have a favorite harmonica, guitar, uke, bass, flute, trumpet, violin or any other instrument, and would love to share you story, then please contact me by email at revrickmang@gmail.com.

God's grace, and favorite musical instruments, amaze me greatly!  ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...