Friday, March 29, 2013

Lenten Daily Devotional - Day 39 - Good Friday, 3/29/30

Devotional Scripture:  John 21:20-24

Devotional Thought:

" . . . what is that to you?  You must follow me."  - John 21:22

We are all called to love and care for our neighbors.

However, our first responsibility is the condition of our own hearts . . . our own lives . . . and our own souls.

Jesus reminds Peter of this . . . when Peter askes Jesus about the future of the other disciples.

"You must follow me!  No more distractions!  I believe in you!  I have things for you to accomplish in my name!"

In other words . . . "Peter, get to the work I have for you to do!"

Friends . . . today is the day we as Christians acknowledge privately or in worship services that Jesus died for us.  Today we acknowledge that he died a physical death. 

He died.

For you.

For me.

Friends . . . let's get to work . . . our first responsibility again is to the condition of our own hearts, our own souls and our own lives.

Let's get to work.  Easter is within reach! 

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

Tonight at 7 PM, we will be having our annual Good Friday service at 7 PM in the Main Sanctuary at the Downtown Campus.  It will be a bi-lingual service (English and Spanish).  Please consider attending.

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...