Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Giving this little techno-gadget some thought . . .

I am admittedly not the greatest defender or cheerleader of modern technology . . .

After all . . . I really prefer walking to driving . . .

I am old enough to remember when the talk about computers was that they would help us do more work in less time . . . that we would be moving to a 30 hour work week . . .

So what happened?

As for technology . . .

-I prefer fishing with a cane pole . . .

-I like using a hand whisk more than using an electric mixer . . .

-I still think the ball-point pen and 3"x5" cards are the greatest technological advancements in human history . . .

-I can't wait until my TV set won't work anymore in 2009 when the signal format changes. There is nothing on it to watch now . . .

-And . . . I do not have a computer in my personal study at home. I have a leather recliner, a guitar, a very small book case . . . and a fly-tying table!!!

It was my wife who dragged me kicking and screaming into the world of personal home computers in 1991 when I was pastoring my first church appointment. Yes, I am glad she did . . . but there is still something about computers I don't trust.

Sort of like when I use an electronic calculator. After using one, I check with paper and pencil to see if the answer is right.

And 17 years later, I still miss my old manual portable typewriter.

However, the LiveScribe Pulse Smartpen has peaked my interest . . . seriously. I'm checking out the different possibilities of how I could use it . . .

I have sought out the advice of several people about it. May get one soon.

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...