Saturday, July 5, 2008

The difference a little effort toward living makes . . .

My wife and I spent the July 4th holiday on Friday doing demo in our kitchen. We took out the "bar" (why does a anyone need an extended "bar" as part of the kitchen??).

We took out all the base cabinets.Today, we installed new base cabinets and new "imitation" granite counter tops.

Oh . . . my . . . God!

Yes, what a big difference a little effort makes. My wife has her "new" kitchen, which is better laid out, and will be much more fun to cook in. Plus, now there is room for both of us to cook together. Not a bad thing . . . since my wife is the one teaching me how to cook!!!

Two weeks ago, I spent about a day re-doing my garage. Took everything out . . . put some stuff in the attic . . . took some shelves down . . . rearranged everthing . . . and . . .

Oh . . . my . . . God!

What a big difference a little effort makes. Now I can get both of our cars in the garage if needed!!!

This past week . . . I spent the better part of a day . . . completely reorganizing my office, calendar and Circa Notebook (my "planner" book for want of a better name.) I have already reaped the benefit of some new found "time" I wasn't aware I had. As a result, I got to spend about an hour on three different days going fishing early in the morning!

Oh . . . my . . . God!

What a difference a little effort makes. Fishing is still as fun as I thought . . . and my fly casting is already improving . . . not to mention being able to pray . . . and listen to God. If I have to engage in silence and quiet thinking . . . I much more enjoy it when I am fishing or walking.

Speaking of walking . . . 3 times last week . . . about 8 miles . . .

Oh . . . my . . . God!

What a difference a little effort makes. Now that I've lost 6o+ pounds . . . my energy level has increased . . . and I am a bit more physically fit . . . so doing all this stuff I've been doing, or have found time to do . . . hasn't set me back at all physically!

The difference a little effort toward living makes! Indeed!

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...