Monday, July 7, 2008

1st Church Guitars report . . .

Due to vacations, mission trips and emergency room visits, the full group could not be present for our performance this past Sunday . . .

However . . . I thought we did really, really well! Lot's of compliments, and a few inquiries as to our availability.

Alan played his Strat . . . and wow! He was on yesterday. Outstanding!

Russ introduced his fiddle to a couple of our songs . . . a very pleasant and exciting surprise.

Stu is getting better on banjo every time we play, and his Guild is the loudest pure acoustic guitar in the group.

Frank provided good rhythm support on his Guild as well. He has improved so much these past months.

Bill laid down a great bass foundation on his Washburn custom shop special. Bill is our beat keeper. We always sound better when he plays with us.

Charles laid out all the cords, amps and sound system, and played his Epiphone electric to the delight of all. Charles is a blessing to us when he puts on his "stage manager" hat.

I brought out the Alavarez jumbo for this performance. Acoustically, it is not the best sounding of my guitars. However, it is the best acoustic I have that is suited to be amped or run through a pedal board. The more comfortable I play, the more comfortable I sing.

It was a good day!

In other words . . . perhaps our best performance ever.

Ever forward . . . ><>

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

ER visits? Hope everyone is ok!

Compliments on something you enjoy, doesn't get much better than that. =)

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...