Sunday, July 27, 2008

Atria concert report . . .

Due to vacations and other commitments, Gary and I were the only ones able to play and sing at the Atria Retirement Village. Guess we proved that a retired Fire Chief and a former police traffic officer can play guitar together and sing harmony pretty well.

We actually played to a pretty full house . . . a very sweet audience who were very glad we were there to sing for them, and who were sad to see us leave . . . including one little Baptist lady who was so impressed that a couple of Methodists would come sing to her and her friends.

We have a full month of performances in October, including our first full "public" concert/missions fund-raising event, tentatively scheduled for October 19th.

More info to come.

Ever forward . . . ><>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny - the Baptist lady. Many years ago there used to be such a rivalry between Baptists and Methodists. I think they always considered us halfway heathen, because we baptized babies. But I well remember it being something of a novelty when a Baptist and a Methodist could be good friends.

Nowadays, I think most Baptists, if they think about us at all, have written us off as apostate. For a lot of Methodists, they could be right...

Anyway, God bless you guitar guys for the great ministry you do in retirement homes and nursing homes. Truly a godly work.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...