Thursday, November 15, 2007

More on To-Do Lists

As I have spent a day or two thinking about it . . . I think I have, in fact, several to-do lists. More than I thought I did. And I do think they reveal some things about me . . . such as current interests, and what I spend my spare time thinking about and doing. I hope it reveals that I am a somewhat organized person . . . who still makes time for the whimsical.

1) I have a to-do list for my daughter's wedding. And it keeps getting longer and longer. But I am glad I have it . . . especially since it is organized by deadline dates.

2) I have a "fish I want to catch" list. It is decently long, but there are quite a few types of fish, both fresh and salt water, that I have yet to catch.

3) I have a "guitars I want to own" list. This one isn't so long anymore. All that is really left on the list is a good Fender Telecaster or a G&L Telecaster.

4) I have a "songs I want to learn to sing and play" list. It is the longest list I have. For every song I learn to sing and play on guitar, I add another five to the list.

5) I have a "places I want to take a vacation" list. Seems as I get older, vacations are becoming more and more important to me. My list does reveal that I don't like to travel that far to get to a vacation destination.

6) I have a "learn to grow grapes and make wine" list. I have drawn the plans to plant 5 rows of grapes in my back yard. Need to grow the grapes before I make the wine!

7) I have a "things I wish I had done" list. But then, most of us have a similar list, don't we?

8) I have a "things I need to do around the house" list. But again, so do most of you!

And yes, I do have a "what I would like to do and accomplish in ministry" list. It is quite long, but in truth, most of it is about my making a name for myself verses yeilding to God's call and will. That list I will be spending some time working on. I will write about it later. Near the top is my wanting to go to Kenya on a mission trip in 2009.

No doubt I have quite a few more lists. I think I am going to purchase the book. Interesting subject.

What To-Do lists do you have?

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

My to-do lists are more like: stop at the pharmacy, go to the bank...boring.

I don't think my dad had a list for my wedding. Just to show up and not make me cry.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...