Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Holiday languages . . .

We were talking about the "Texas translation" of cetain words relating to food and holidays.

In Texas . . . we don't say "Pecan" . . . most us say "Be-con."

At least I do.

And it may be spelled "Pumpkin" . . . but most of us 'true" Texans prounce it at "Punkin".

I don't know what we do with the missing "m" and "p".

Sure hope we have some "Be-con" pie and "Punkin" pie for Christmas.

Don't ask me what we call "fruitcake." You don't want to know.

I'm doing better than I deserve! And that's a good thing. ><>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I call fruitcake is "doorstop."

Rick said...

What is German for "toe-stubber?"

"Zeh stubber!"

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...