Monday, November 5, 2007

A blast from the past . . .

Out of the blue . . . a phone call to my office this morning . . .

Hey Rick, you won't know who this this, but I used to live 3 doors down from your grandparents in LaFeria, TX.

I knew exactly who it was . . .

Scott . . . dude, how long has it been?

Over 30 years.

Wow! A lot of water has gone under the bridge in that time.

Scott had been talking with another of our former high school friends, who told him that I was here in Grapevine.

The conversation lasted about an hour. We both are older . . . have experienced a lot . . . overcome a lot . . . and we both love the Lord.

What a flood of memories today . . . of some awfully good times.

Fishing at Padre Island . . . driveway basketball games . . . tennis . . . snorkeling in ponds and lakes . . . and packing tomatoes by size in cartons at the packing plant in LaFeria.

Scott got me that job. We worked as long as their was a harvest. About three weeks, then it rained, and the harvest was over.

Then it was back to playing basketball . . . fishing . . . the beach . . .

Those were some great times . . . times that kids today will not have a chance to live out as we did.

Good memories. Definitely a God moment.

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...