Tuesday, December 3, 2013

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one . . .

When my oldest daughter and her husband (I love'em both!!!) moved out of my home (after an extended stay) . . . my wife blessed me (as she has done so many more times than I have ever deserved) with giving me my old music room back.

In my house, Bruce Springsteen is not the boss . . . my sweet wife is . . . and I am a happier man for it!!!!!!

My music room is the smaller of the two front bedrooms of our little home.  It's my spot.  I have a couple of guitars hanging on the walls, my late grandmother's piano, a lot of my music books, and a very comfortable chair.  It is where I try to spend a least half of every Friday (my usual day off) either playing guitar, listening to music, reading and praying.

It's also a very neat place for an old man to dream.

Yep, its even in the Bible . . . old me dream dreams . . .

My sweet wife (the one who always seems to be blessing me more than I have ever deserved) bought me a poster for my music room, one of John Lennon playing an electric guitar.  Below his picture are the words:

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one . . .

Yeah . . . what he said . . .

My dream . . . is to one day, in some form or fashion, open a folk music coffeehouse venue of some sorts . . . some where . . . some how.

It might be in storefront . . . or at one of our church campus locations . . . or in New Mexico or in Arkansas.

It might happen tomorrow . . . or become my life mission when I retire (provided I get to retire) along with singing to children in hospitals and for senior adults.

Thought I'd go ahead and announce it to the world today (that being the 2-3 of you who read my blog.)

Seems to feel good to my idea off my chest . . . and out in the open. 

One day . . . one day. 

I'm a dreamer, but not the only one.  Maybe another dreamer will help me pull it off one day.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

1 comment:

Musictchr2 said...

We are the music makers and we are the dreamer of dreams !! I'm sure that more than 2 or 3 read your blog. I find it most interesting and quite funny. Wish I had met your wife. I bet she is as sweet as you are. Keep dreaming Ricky and enjoy your man cave/music room. :)

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...