Monday, October 14, 2013

Turn down my guitar?

My good friend, Bill Haines, who doubles on the side as our keyboard player for our little church guitar group, was kind enough to join me this morning when I played for the good folks at Dancing River. 

I extended an invitation to the guys and gals in our little guitar band to join me when I sing at retirement and nursing homes.  Bill was there to check me out.  I hope he will join me soon, because he is a good keyboardist.

As we were walking back to our cars, I was remarking out loud how good I thought the Martin guitar I had played sounded in both the Memory Care Unit as well as in the main Activity Room there at Dancing River.

Bill said he thought the guitar was pretty loud. 

Now that is a first, from anyone . . . telling me that an acoustic guitar I was playing was loud.

Actually, it was good to know, because both rooms have tile floors and sound does carry and echo well in both places. 

I remember an old advertisement poster from Martin Guitars . . . about the J-40 model.  The guy playing the J-40 is being told by the other guy (who is playing an electric) if he can turn the volume on his guitar down.  Except the guitar was not plugged in.

A fun morning with a good friend.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...