Friday, October 11, 2013

A couple of non-music related shout outs . . .

In the past few weeks, my family and I have gone through the process of taking bids on a complete HVAC replacement for our home, as well as for some foundation work.

We ended up doing business with A#1 Air out of Carrolton.  I like the way they do business.  Signed the contract, and the install was the next day, and it went without a hitch.

3 different foundations companies indicated that I needed a lot of foundation repair, with bids ranging from $6,000 to $14,000.

Jeff from All Pro Foundations in Denton came yesterday.  Sat in his car in front of our house for over an hour because his previous appointment cancelled.  After an inspection, he told us that we didn't need foundation repair.  We needed some drainage and landscaping work and new guttering.  This company approaches foundation repair from an engineering perspective.  We only have a couple of sticking doors.  Yet all of our door frames and windows are level and plumb.  Jacking up the outside walls with piers would have, in time, caused cracks in our walls and windows to act up.

Now, am I the only one who sees something good in this . . . that a foundation repair sales manager sits in front of my house for an hour, and then tells me I don't need foundation repair.

Guess who my new foundation repair company is . . . All Pro Foundations.

The links to bought companies are listed in the "Good Stuff to Know About" section below.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...