Monday, April 30, 2012

One of the reasons I sing . . .

I had  a meeting this morning with Jim Newton of Hugworks, and Eston Williams, a fellows UMC pastor.  The topic was a new method of ministry to senior adults called "Saging."   The concept is based on the book, From Age-ing to Sage-ing: A Profound New Vision of Growing Older by Zalman Schachter-Shalomi and Ronald S. Miller

Part of our discussion was about a YouTube video clip from the movie, Alive Inside. 

Here is the video.  This is one of  the main reasons I think I sing.   What is interesting in all of this is that I took a break from singing over 10 weeks ago, to work on some Lent/Easter related programming here at the church, and to think some things through.

Today was the "first day" of my return to singing as part of my ministry, and in that day, I have a great meeting about singing in nursing homes, and then Eston shares that I need to see the video below.

This is one of the main reasons that I sing, not for profit, but for others.

Enjoy . . . and it you can keep from crying, I guess you are stronger than I am.

God's grace, and music, still amaze me . . . ><>

http://youtu.be/NKDXuCE7LeQ

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...