Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Taylor Road Show at Grapevine Guitar Works

Although I did not get to attend, I was able to spend the afternoon over at the Grapevine Guitar Works showroom helping Sean and guys set up for the Road Show, and getting to visit again with our area Taylor Rep, J.R., and with Cory from the Road Show staff.

Awesome people.  Hard working, and man do they know their stuff!

I got to play one of the most awesome Taylor 6 strings, a GS Custom BTO (one-of-a-kind) full bodied with s sinker redwood top and mahogany back and sides.

Mercy . . . what a guitar!

Just the most incredible Taylor I have ever played, and truly, the only 6 string Taylor I would have purchased if I had the money.

Seriously . . . just a fantastic guitar.  My favorite Taylor steel string is the 8-string baritone . . . if that gives you a clue about how great this guitar was.

And here is the kicker ... I was playing the guitar outside on the patio, unplugged!!  I thought redwood was not supposed to be as loud or as full as spruce.  However, this guitar projected which was no doubt due to the mahogany back and sides.

Mercy . . . I enjoyed playing that guitar.

Is it me, or are there a lot of great guitars out and about these days?

God's grace and a good guitar still amaze me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...