Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I start singing again in May!

Yep, I have things pretty  much finalized.  I will be providing therapeutic music entertainment (aka. concerts") at 3 area nursing homes (1st, 2nd and 3rd Mondays), and also singing for children in hospitals a couple of times a month on Wednesday mornings.  I will sing in Ft. Worth on the occasional Friday.  Some solo, some with the guys from Hugworks, or with guys from our church guitar group.

My initial 6 week break during Lent ended up lasting about 10 weeks . . . all good. I am ready to get back into singing, playing guitar, and using music to help heal people's hearts, souls, lives and relationships.

Truth be told . . . I missed singing.  But then you knew that.

Thank you to all who have been encouraging me and asking when I would be singing again.  I would more than anything appreciate your prayers, as my work at the church has to come first, although singing in the nursing homes is actually part of my church ministry. 

On May 3rd, I am singing for the 3rd graders at a school in Grapevine, TX during a Career Day event.  That night I am singing for a bunch of retired former Boy Scout Executives at their annual gathering.

Should be fun . . . better change the strings on the guitars, get a new amp cord and get new songs memorized.  

Guess I am back in the saddle again???

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...