Thursday, March 19, 2009

Survey of United Methodists . . .

I read something about this in the past few days, but cannot put my hand on it. However, Steve Heyduck blogged about this, and provided the information / links listed below.

The United Methodist Council of Bishops has identified a trio of current “threats” to God’s good Creation:

-pandemic poverty and disease,
-ecological degradation and climate change,
-and the world awash with weapons.

The Council encourages all United Methodists to participate in a survey to guide the development of a new document regarding the .

Your opinions will inform their study and writing so the document is as relevant, timely and as powerful as possible. The survey will only take 3-4 minutes to complete, and feel free to share it.

Click on https://www.surveymonkey.com/IDOC to participate. If you would like more information or to receive updates on the initiative, please indicate that at the end of the survey.

If you have trouble accessing the survey, please contact Chuck Niedringhaus at cniedringhaus@umcom.org.

I took the survey before posting this blog . . . 3 minutes for me to complete. These issuse are important to me . . . but perhaps a little less, at this moment, than ministering to the those affected by the current financial conditions of our country . . .

And, certainly not as important as introducing people to Christ . . . which might in and of itself help remedy / alleviate the above listed issues. I would love to see leadership from the Council of Bishops in this regard.

My humble opinion . . .

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...