Monday, March 16, 2009

No more excuses . . . time to start hiking

Well, at 10:25 AM this morning . . . my chiropractor cleared me to start hiking again.

I think I am happy about this . . . or should be, right?

I guess I have been using "I'm going to see a chiropractor" as an excuse to not be so gung-ho about walking, hiking and exercise as I was this same time last year.

Well . . . today he told me to "hit the trails" and to start "putting in some miles," and to come back in a month to show him my hiking log book.

I wonder . . . if I walk so many miles, if he will give me a discount on future office visits??

So, no more excuses . . . it's time to:

-Re-lace my hiking shoes . . .
-Put a new rubber tip on my favorite hiking staff . . .
-Dust off my binoculars and compass . . .
-Purchase two new 32 oz. Nalgene water bottles . . .
-Put fresh batteries in the digital camera . . .
-Put on my Tilley Hat . . .
-And, start checking off the list of the more than 60 local hiking trails within a 60 mile radius of the DFW area that I want to explore (which means I need to send off for some maps as well.)

I guess it's time for an adventure or two, three, four, five . . . .

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...