Wednesday, April 2, 2008

For those who saw it Sunday, and for those who have asked . . .

I've done a lot of soul-searching lately about guitars and guitar playing. Conversations with Floyd, Joe, and Sean came down to my understanding that I was trying to go down the wrong road.

So . . . I have reduced the number of guitars I have by about half, but did feel led to get the guitar I played in worship this past Sunday, a Takamine EF381C 12-string.

When I first learned to play, it was on a 12-string. When I played in the band years ago, I played a 12-string. I guess my "inner adolescent" has been wanting a 12-string for a long time. I thought he wanted a Strat, Tele, or ES-335.

Guess I was wrong. Is that a man thing . . . when your heart tells you something . . . but it isn't what your head wants to hear . . . so you interpret what your head wants to hear as what you thought your heart said . . . ??

Yep, I need to stay in counseling for just a little while longer!!!!

It is a wonderful guitar, very loud and clear without an amp. It will be great for all sorts of events and venues. It gets introduced to the 1st Church Guitar guys this Thursday.

Funny, the roads you are led down when you finally stop and listen to that still, small voice in your head / heart. I don't listen very well. I need to work more on that.

But then . . . that's a new journey as well . . . and that's OK with me. I am looking for some new journeys.

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...