Tuesday, April 22, 2008

42 pounds down as of today . . .

Several emailed me for a weight loss report.

Down to almost 42 pounds lost.

I have a health advisor, and she called me today. One of her questions was "What is your goal for how much weight you will lose in May?"

I told her the truth . . . a specific weight loss amount is not my goal in this at all.

My goal . . . is to lose enough weight, and get into good enough shape . . . to take a 4-day hike into the Grand Canyon. It all depends on my additional weight loss positivily affecting my sleep apnea. Can't travel far right now unless I have electricity for the good ol' CPAP machine.

In the past, when I reached a weight goal . . . I would celebrate by pigging out on a cheat meal. I don't do cheat meals anymore. They are too destructive to recover from. That's a path I have decided to no longer go down.

I do appreciate the positive remarks and support. It is a BIG help to me!

Ever forward . . . ><>

5 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

When I want to reward myself I buy make up or get a manicure...Now, I don't recommend those for you, but you should do something. How about some new lures? or a massage?

Rick said...

I celebrated with a Colorado omelett at IHOP, with extra spinach!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Rick. Now I need you to get me inspired.

And we need to do that lunch...

Eric Folkerth

Rick said...

Eric,

I will try and call you this week.

Rick ><>

Mark said...

With all the weight you've lost, maybe we should start calling you "Stick" instead of "Rick."

Congratulations, dude. You've worked hard at this.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...