Friday, January 25, 2008

Where has NPR been all my life ????

Oh my gosh!

I have made a life changing discovery!

I mean, this is better than a free box of Girl Scout Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies!

National Public Radio . . .

How have I existed without it for so long?

Except the days when I get to listen to A Prairie Home Companion (and that is maybe twice a year) . . . I have never paid attention to Monday-Friday NPR programming.

My daughter, and my friend Sean are both NPR listeners. And on the same day they both say to me . . . "You ought to listen."

So I have . . . and haven't changed radio channels since.

This is veeerrrryyyyyy interesting . . .

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude:

My all-time favorite radio program is "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" on NPR. Don't know when it's on in your area, but here it's on 11 am Saturday. You could check the web site of your NPR station. They also have a free podcast available on iTunes and www.waitwait.npr.org. It's a very funny news quiz show featuring panelists like Paula Poundstone, Moe Rocca, Tom Bodett, even P.J. O'Rourke sometimes, and others.

As far as NPR news, sometimes I listen to get the liberal point of view, if I don't get enough from every other network except Fox. Sometimes "Prairie Home" for the music, but I do get tired of the Bush-hating Garrison Keillor.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...