Friday, January 25, 2008

Favorite songs . . . #2 of my top 5

My #1 favorite song is Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What A Wonderful World - Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole.

My #2 favorite song . . . Walk Away by Joe Walsh and the James Gang.

No truly redeeming words . . . just a raw, young and energetic Joe Walsh . . . and a just as raw double humbucking A chord at the 5th fret on a Gibson Les Paul going though what was then very heavy distortion.

I guess my fondness for the James Gang was the reason my dad did not want me to become a guitar player . . . I have two James Gang CD's, with the studio verson of Walk Away on one, and the live verson (Ow Baby!!!!) on the other.

I like the Eagles version also . . . Joe is older, sober, wiser, and playing it on a Stat. But then the Eagles have 3 guitar players. Joe was the lone guitar in the James Gang power trio format, and the LP was probably the best choice.

I love power trio's . . . a hint about song #3. Do the initials GFR mean anything to you?

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...