Sunday, January 13, 2008

Something that needs doing . . .

I shared in an earlier blog about a big decision that I am preparing to make regarding something that has needed doing in my life for a long time . . . something that I have spent a lot of time and effort throwing road blocks in front of.

What a waste of time . . . to throw roadblocks in front of good things that would be a blessing if completed faithfully. What is sad in this respect, is that what I am making the decision to do is in-and-of-itself no really major thing in life in the grand scheme of things.

Well, maybe to no one else . . . but this is something important to me . . . something I really believe God is wanting me to add to my ministry efforts, perhaps making it a priority.

I am almost ready to share what it is I am deciding . . . and I am confident I will do so in the next few weeks. There are family and certain friends I want to talk with first. I do request your prayers, as I get the last of the ducks-lined-up-in-a-row before I step forward on faith.

It's funny . . . I thought that when I reached age 50, I would be spending all my time achieving great things for my career, and doing all the things I "thought" others wanted me to do.

Now, instead, I find that what it is that really matters most to me is to simply be true to myself and to my calling to do ministry.

More to come.

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

I will pray for you.

Linda

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...