Saturday, January 19, 2008

Children's Worship CD

Well, I said this really wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things . . . but it is to me.

I am going to begin production meetings in February to plan the recording of a children's worship CD, which will contain a lot of the songs we sing during the Children's Time in Sunday morning worship. I was asked to do this by some parents a few months after I was first appointed here. However, things were just so very busy back then that I could only file the idea away and consider it at another time.

And I kept filing it away . . . and I kept filing it away . . . and I kept filing it away.

My biggest roadblock . . . how do you go about making a CD? I knew nothing about it. I buy CD's all the time, but I don't know how to go about recording one. Well, discussions with Wren took care of that. So we begin planning next month.

We are making a list of songs . . . and hopefully we will have some of our children who attend our church singing on the CD as well.

All monies made from selling the CD will go toward feeding school children in Kenya, a mission that our church has begun participating in this past year.

I think this is going to be a good learning experience . . . and now, I am looking forward to it. Let's give it a shot.

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

2 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

Good luck with your project. Keep us posted :)

Mark said...

Rick,

If you would take me to lunch, I could find out about these cool projects firsthand instead of reading them in your blog.

Joe's Crab Shack. You promised.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...