I've never been very good at making "daily" To-Do lists. One of my pastoral responsibilities is to be able to get-up-and-go when I am needed. So, I tend to start working (or at least thinking) about stuff I know I need to do a bit earlier than most. That gives me time to be able to work on a project, but still have the time to respond as a pastor to people and / or situations as the need arises.
Come to think of it . . . pretty much the same job I had as a police officer. You checked for open doors, shot radar, etc., until you got dispatched to a call . . . then off you went!
However, I do enjoy making "Big / Yearly" To-Do lists. It's fun to think about goals and dreams in big chunks, and try to figure out how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together.
So here is a list I just put together. No particular order or priority, that will come later . . . just some stuff I've been thinking about, stuff I know I need to do for personal and health reasons.
1) Get out of bed at 6 AM every day.
2) Go to bed by 10:30 PM every day.
3) Ride my bicycle at least 3 times-a-week.
4) Lose weight . . . safely.
5) Review / Rethink my gifts and strengths.
6) Review / Rethink my personal values.
7) Review / Rethink my mission statement.
8) Practice guitar 5 days-a-week.
9) Pray every day.
10) Be a better husband.
11) Be a better father.
12) Be a better friend.
13) Be a better neighbor.
14) Be a better work mate.
15) Be a better pastor.
16) Take all my vacation time.
17) Sing as loud as I can at least once-a-day.
18) Go fishing once-a-week weather permitting.
19) Continue to work on getting debt free.
20) Become more satisfied with who I am.
21) Ask God to give me his advice about anything on this list whenever appropriate to do so.
22) Be willing to receive God's advice and counsel.
23) Which means, in general, that I have to become a better listener.
I'm better than I deserve! ><>
There is little doubt that the most famous guitar in the world, or at least the most famous Martin guitar, is Willie Nelson's guitar, ...
Well I'll be . . . it can be done. If you didn't know, I use Aquila Nylgut Ukulele strings on my tenor and baritone ukes. Best soun...
Well . . . I just got the word. I'm getting not one, but two new knees for Christmas. It's time. The latest x-rays confirmed ...