Tuesday, December 18, 2007

On a far more happier note . . .

If you were not in worship at FUMC-Grapevine on Sunday, Dec. 16th, you missed the premier performace of All Strung Out, the musical group that has grown out of our First Church Guitars ministry.

I am not sure any of us intended it, but we seem to be oriented at the present time toward being a gospel blue-grass group. We will see what the future unfolds.

My thanks to Bill, Alan, Russ, Richard, Gary, Jeff, and Stu for playing Christmas carols before the 8:50, 10:10 and 11:15 am services, as well as joining with me to provide special music during the 8:50 and 10:10 am services. They all did a great job, and seemed to injoy themselves very much.

Playing with confidence born through lots of rehearsal is really a great feeling!

For information about possibly booking All Strung Out for your next party, gathering, or worship service, please give me a call.

I'm better than I deserve! That's a good thing! ><>

2 comments:

Steve Heyduck said...

"far more happier..."?

Rick said...

It is a phrase my junior high band director used to say to us.

I think it was also the title of a comic book I once read . . .

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...