Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas to all . . .

This is my 50th Christmas . . . the big "5-0".

This is the first Christmas where I really do hope that no one gives me a present, because . . .

I am already a very rich man!

I have the love of a wife, who for 31 years has been with me through thick and thin, whose face I wake up to every morning. Knowing her face is the first thing I will see tomorrow morning gets me excited for the new day.

I have two daughters who are each loving enough to give me a second chance at being a dad, because the combination of illness and personal choice got in the the way of my being a good dad the 1st time around.

I have a great son-in-law, a hard worker who wants to make a good name for himself. I want to go fishing and hunting with him, and hope that he and I both will decide that doing so together is very important.

I have a little grand-daughter, and even though I don't get to see her very often, I think of her, and I want to spoil her rotten. Christmas can't come soon enough so I can see every single one of her new toys and clothes, just to see the twinkle in her eye.

I have two very rich and long-time friendships with Joe and Floyd. The presence of these two "brothers" in my life have been nothing short of an "industrial strength" blessing. There are times when you need a friend, and I can always count on these two to be there for me.

I have a God, who loved me so much . . . He died for me! I better understand each day what love is about . . . as I draw closer to my God who loves me with all His heart. And because of this love, and growing more into understanding my purpose in His kingdom . . . I am close to a decision about something I think I was meant to do . . . but have shyed away from for various reasons . . . mostly because of a lack of faith. More to come on what this is all about.

I am a very, very, very rich man. There isn't a thing in the world I really want or need.

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, friends too!

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...