Sunday, April 24, 2011

I need it to be Easter today . . .

I awoke at 5:30 AM this morning, showered and dressed and then headed to our youth sponsored Easter Sunrise Service at the Grapevine Botanical Gardens.

What a sweet service . . . what a good way to start Easter Day.

I especially need it to be Easter today.

I stayed awake a lot last night thinking about my friend and ministry partner, Ken Diehm, who died suddenly on February 19th. I wasn't thinking sad thoughts. I was recalling things about Ken that I personally count as blessings.

Apparantly I count as blessings a lot of the stuff I did with Ken in almost 6 years of working together.

I especially need it to be Easter today.

Today I count many other blessings as well: my wife and family; my dear friends Joe, Floyd and Sean; the opportunity to serve this great church; singing and playing guitar in the community; my health as it continues to improve; and for a God who loves me so much that He sent His Son to die for me on the cross.

I especially need it to be Easter today.

We have our Worship Team meeting here shortly at 8 AM. Then the first of 5 Easter services here at the downtown campus (English and Spanish) this morning starts at 8:50 AM. The Heritage Campus service is at 10:30 AM . . . with Louis preaching his first Easter sermon as the Heritage Campus pastor.

Truthfully . . . it's going to be a long morning. But I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I especially need it to be Easter today!!!!

Amen!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

______________

2nd entry - 12:25 PM

Yes!!!!!! We had mighty Easter worship in each and every service.

I needed Easter! And it came today!!!!

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...