Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dallas International Guitar Festival starts tomorrow, April 15

I will be going to the vendor's viewing tomorrow morning at the Dallas International Guitar Festival at Market Hall, thanks to Sean at Grapevine Guitar Works. I am going to work on the GGW display booth, the get to look around at the other displays.

I am hoping to find and try out a Martin J-15 and/or a Martin J-12-15. I had a D-15 mahogany a couple years ago, and foolishly traded it for an electric that I got rid of within a couple months of getting it.

I am not very proud about how the end of that story ended up.

I would like to play a Martin J-40 . . . my friend Joe has one. A bit steep for my price, at this time. Guess like anything else, if I want it bad enough, I will start saving toward that goal.

Guitar shows are very interesting, and I bet such will be the case with the Dallas show. With the price of gas, it is probably costing most of the vendors a bit more to attend than in the past. I am guessing that there will be more people there trying to sell their guitars than buying from the vendors. However, it is a very good guitar market right now . . . lots and lots and lots of good competition between the big name builders and between the "boutique" builders. People buying guitars are asking for a lot of guitar for the money. I think Martin and Taylor are now building some of the best guitars in their respective histories.

It should be fun.

God's grace and music still amaze me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...