Friday, January 15, 2010

"Children's Time at FUMC" CD recording sessions have now begun . . .

With the encouragement of a lot of people, and with the personal and profession help of my good friend and fellow pastoral colleague, Wren Robinson, I have begun work on the children's worship music CD I promised to start over three years ago.

Today, I recorded the guitar track . . . and hopefully next week, if schedules all work out . . . I will record the vocals, and then Wren begins to work on how it all will sound.

Bless Wren's heart . . . I'm going to get him a Sonic gift card good for life . . . well, at least until the end of next week.

It is amazing . . . recording was indeed work, and effort to say the least . . . but it was not the fearful event I had imagined it to be. I am becoming very excited about how this little CD is going to come out.

By the way . . . Wren and I are not making a penny on this CD. All proceeds from sales will help to support a mission project of our church . . . and I am enlisting the children of our church to help decide which one.

Every Sunday morning, I have the best job of anyone in the church, as I welcome the children to the altar, and together we sing for the Children's Time. All the songs on this recording have been sung by our children, and a few of the adults as well during these almost 5 years of worshipping together.

More info to come . . .

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...