Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Living life more slowly . . .

Eight days of vacation in another state starts you thinking . . .

Again . . .

I've been on a "kick" for a while about my needing to decide to live more slowly.

Some have asked me if I mean "living one day at a time," or "living more focused on what is important," or "slowing down?"

Yes . . . Yes . . . Yes

So, I've begun my personal "Operation Living Life More Slowly."   Problem is, I can't make all the changes I want to all at once . . . and since I am a believer in process . . . I have started created steps for what I want / hope to do.

First . . . I am going to start eating all my meals more slowly.

I have actually been doing this for almost a month now . . . and with a few exceptions, I have focused on eating one bite of food at a time . . . slowly chewing . . . tasting more . . . savoring more . . . 

And, noticing in the process, that when I eat slowly . . . I don't eat near as much as when I just gobble it all down in record time.  Interesting . . .

I've also noticed . . . that I need to punch a new hole in my belt . . . it's loose!!!!

Second . . . I am going to start praying more slowly and deliberately.

This . . . for me as an extrovert . . . is very hard.  I am so easily distracted visually.  I am searching for a couple of good "prayer places."   But, if eating more slowly has been such a kick, then praying more slowly should be a trip indeed.

Other steps are coming to mind . . . working to get then in proper priority.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...