Thursday, August 13, 2009

Les Paul . . . R.I.P.

Another guitar blog . . . if not for you . . . then move on, but be sure to check back later.

Just heard that the great Les Paul passed away today at a hospital in White Plains, NY. He was 94 years old.

He was an inventer, electronics and music pioneer, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member . . . credited with inventing the solid body electric guitar, whose design would become the Les Paul first made by Gibson, and a designed now copied by so, so, so many guitar manufacturers.

He also was credited with pioneering multi-tracking, which changed the sound of rock and roll, jazz, and all other music genres.

Youtube.com has many videos of Les . . . including parts of several documentaries.

For those of us who play electric guitar . . . "Les Paul, thank you, and R.I.P."

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...