Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A new fishing friend . . .

Every so often, you meet some really great people in this blogosphere thing we do.

Luciano Chavez writes the Tales of Texas Flyfisher blog.  He fishes a lot on the San Gabriel River, Brushy Creek and Llano Rivers, and down on the Texas Gulf Coast, mostly wade fishing or while using a kayak.  

I love the guy already!

 He and I have been corresponding, and he was gracious enough to send me some flies he tied for me to try out at my local pond at the park and at Lake Grapevine.  I am sending him a couple of fly fishing lanyards for he and his son, and another 3 he is going to take with him when he makes a presentation at the Austin Fly Fishing Club in September.

Let me tell you, the flies he sent me are works of art!  I don't know if I want to get them wet or risk losing them!  The olive beadhead wooly buggers he tied are 10 times better looking than the ones I get at Bass Pro or at Cabela's.   And the little crawfish pattern he sent me . . . oh my God (I can say that you know, I am a preacher!), I know exactly where I am going to use them at McPhearson Slough or Twin Coves on Lake Grapevine.

He has some great links on his blog as well.  So, if you like fly fishing, and doing it a lot in Texas, then check out his blog.  

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...